Welcome to OpenDataSoft documentation!¶
OpenDataSoft is a turnkey solution, designed for non-technical users to share, publish and reuse data. It is available as a commercial-off-the-shelf, cloud hosted product.
OpenDataSoft includes a unique set of integrated features:
- to collect datasets from various locations and in different formats.
- to transform and enrich these datasets using powerful built-in data preparation features.
- to publish these datasets as RESTFul APIs.
- to explore the datasets catalog, to visualize individual datasets or build multi-datasets mashups.
Give a try to OpenDataSoft by subscribing to a free trial account.
Access our data network if you are looking for reusable public datasets.
This documentation is OpenDataSoft’s reference documentation. It complements inline documentation directly accessible in OpenDataSoft’s back-office screens.
You will find some of the resources used in this documentation online on our discovery portal.
OpenDataSoft staff is always available to help. You can give us feedbacks or send us questions by contacting OpenDataSoft support, either by hitting the Support link in the back-office menu or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Setting up OpenDataSoft
- Sourcing and processing data
- Creating new datasets
- Defining the dataset schema
- Processing datasets
- Configuring metadata
- Configuring visualizations
- Publishing datasets
- Managing Security
- Exploring the catalog and datasets
- Editing pages
- Creating a simple content page
- Customize a content page with HTML and CSS
- Integrating content
- Creating maps & charts
- Configuring a portal
- Configure catalog & dataset pages
- Improving user sharing
- Engaging users
- Displaying legals
- Customizing your domain URL
- Managing security
- Configuring your portal’s general security policy
- Managing quotas
- Managing users
- Organizing groups
- Managing access requests
- Federate identity with SAML
- Customizing the look & feel
- Branding your portal
- Configuring the navigation menu
- Customizing theme and portal icon
- Adding assets
- Choosing a base map
- Designing a responsive portal
- Monitoring a domain
- Managing subdomains
- Using the API
- Authenticating yourself
- Using OAuth2 authorization
- ODS API V1
- ODS API V2 (beta)
- OData API
- CSW API
- WFS API
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)